New Berlin, Wisconsin
Velvac is a leading manufacturer
and supplier of exterior mirror and vision systems and other component parts
for the truck, recreational vehicle and specialty vehicle industries. Velvac offers the industry's broadest line of mirror products.
- Prospect Partners teamed with Jeffery R. Porter and management
to acquire Velvac, Inc. in August 2005.
- Velvac's products are sold through OEM's and distributors to
the OEM recreational vehicle and truck market and aftermarket.
- Velvac's product line includes more than 3,000 popular vehicle
- Velvac subsequently acquired:
- K-10 Enterprizes of Mission, Texas (March, 2009), a supplier of blind-spot safety mirror systems for heavy-duty trucks, K-10 makes a premium line of hood- and fender-mounted mirrors.
- ViewMaster (December, 2013), a line of exterior mirror systems for refuse vehicles.
- Prospect Partners sold Velvac to a strategic buyer in April, 2017.
- Mr. Tuttle, Mr.
Maurer and Mr. Porter served the Company as Chairman and Directors,
- SIC Codes: 3714 (motor vehicle parts and accessories) and 3231
(glass products, made of purchased glass)