Gold Star Food Service is a leading niche foodservice distributor specializing in a wide array of food and non-food products to public school districts serving students ages K-12 in California, Arizona and Nevada.
- Prospect teamed with management to recapitalize Gold Star Foods, Inc. in October, 2007. Gold Star is one of the nation's leading specialty foodservice distributors for public school districts. Since its inception in 1978, Gold Star has carved out a unique market niche through its focus on childhood nutrition.
- Gold Star subsequently acquired ASR Food Distributors, Inc., of Commerce, Calif. (December, 2012)
- Gold Star sells more than 6,000 different food and non-food items, including fresh bread and produce, as well as refrigerated, frozen, and dry menu items, and is a full-service provider for many of its customers.
- Gold Star has been recognized by both the United States Department of Agriculture and the American School Food Service Association as one of the nation's outstanding foodservice distributors to school districts.
- Gold Star was recapitalized by management and a financial buyer in April, 2014.
- Mr. Maurer and Mr. O'Dell served the Company as Chairman and Director, respectively.
- SIC code: 5149-39 (foodservice - distributors)