Gourmand Specialty Foods,
Inc., was an importer, distributor and producer of high-end specialty
foods for restaurants & hotels.
- Gourmand sought to acquire branded producers of specialty foods
for restaurants and hotels.
- Products included specialty foods such as foie gras, truffles,
caviar, fancy pastry ingredients and specialty meats and game
sold to chefs at top U.S. restaurants
- Gourmand Specialty Foods, Inc. was formed in September 1999
with management to acquire Gourmand, Inc. Add-on acquisitions
- Hudson Valley Foie Gras of Ferndale, NY (July 2000)
- De Choix Specialty Foods of Woodside, NY (December 2000)
- Specialty Game, Inc. of Lyons, IL (January 2001)
- Prospect Partners exited the investment in 2003.